Frequently Asked Questions
We get lots of questions about electrical work, and we’re more than happy to pass on some of our knowledge to you. Remember, it never hurts to get a free estimate on a project that you think may need a contractor. With Apex Electric, you’ll always get professional experience with a personal touch. Contact us online or call (260) 739-5948 for a free estimate.
When doing electrical work, it’s very important to make sure that everything being done is code compliant. A good rule of thumb is that if you don’t feel like you know what you’re doing, it’s probably a good idea to get a professional’s opinion. We’re happy to explain our process to our customers and will walk you through how we do what we do.
There are several ways to lower your electric cost, and many of them do not require a change in your day to day behavior.
- Change your lighting from fluorescent or incandescent to LED.
- Cleaning out your vents and keeping them open will allow your home to heat or cool quicker and will keep your heating and cooling system from constantly running.
- Before you go to bed, walk through your house and make sure that all electric devices that are not in use are unplugged and turned off.
- Change and clean out your air conditioner filter. A dirty filter that needs to be replaced will cause your HVAC system to run less efficiently and will waste money.
- Inspect your doorways and windows for air leaks. Be sure to properly insulate around doors and windows using quality weather stripping. If air can get into your home, you’re wasting your hard-earned money.
If you are interested in investigating your home’s energy efficiency more thoroughly, Apex Electric offers energy evaluations.
Lights flickering in your home can be a sign of connection issues. These issues can be found anywhere like the ceiling connection, switch, and even the circuit panel. Identifying these issues can be difficult, but we are happy to help resolve any lighting issues you might have inside your home.
Yes, we are available 24/7. For after-hours work, we do charge an additional fee. But you’ll always be able to reach us, no matter the time of day.
At Apex Electric, we only work with the best brands:
- Square D
- Pass & Seymour
More Questions? Give Us a Call.
Apex Electric serves the Fort Wayne area, reaching across Allen, De Kalb, Steuben, Huntington, Wells, and Whitley counties. Whatever your electric concern—residential, commercial, or industrial—we’ll take care of it like it’s our own. Our friendly and knowledgeable service technicians give great service, every time. Request your free estimate today by calling (260) 739-5948.